Every Purchase Makes a Difference

History of our Building

Our building at 212 N. Minnesota St. was constructed in January 1920 and was home to several businesses over the century. It began as a movie theater and operated on several names beginning with the Grand Theatre. In 1962, it was remodeled and was the home of New Ulm Savings and Loan Association. Later it was the Minnesota Federal Savings and Loan. Kraft had office space in the back of the building from 1966 to 1981.

 

Currently, the building is home to NadelKunst Yarn Shop, Capone’s Barber Shop, and New Ulm’s Own. NadelKunst is the longest tenant to operate out of the building, opening in 1983. New Ulm’s Own opened in 2017.